Monday, January 26, 2009

Too much, not too little, to write about


It has been almost two weeks since I posted anything here.


It happens, usually because I don't have anything I want to say. But for the last 12-13 days, there have been all sorts of things I've wanted to write about, but I have been feeling sort of overwhelmed by it all.


For instance, politics. Do I write about the marvel of President Obama, or about how happy I am to see eight years of Bush and Cheney in my rear-view mirror? Do I write about how proud I am to see executive orders banning torture and closing Guantanamo, or how annoying it is to see the Republicans -- roundly rejected by voters in December -- still holding out for their agenda as part of the stimulus package?


Or my family? My wife has been going through an extremely difficult time lately with a skin problem, and it is causing her a great deal of anxiety.


How about the fact that it's a year now that I have been out of work? I'm reaching the point where I'm wondering if I'll ever have another real job and thinking maybe I should at least do some volunteer work.
Then there's this crazy winter. We had eight or nine days in a row recently of temperatures in the 80s at the same time most of the country was suffering through record and near-record cold.
There has been a lot, and I'm not going to write about any of it today. I'm just going to post this and get back into the habit of posting.
More tomorrow.



allvoices

No comments: