Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A promotion for little Maddy


When does a baby stop being a baby?

Since I didn't enter my own children's lives until they were already in school, I didn't get to see either of them as babies, infants, toddlers and whatever else comes in those early years. In fact, just about the youngest kid I ever hung out with was my friend Mick's lovely daughter Kelsey, who was 3 at the time.

My granddaughter Madison, who I christened the Amazing Baby on this blog, is on the verge of walking and talking. She actually stood up for 15-20 seconds the other day before realizing she wasn't supporting herself.

She promptly sat down.

If you look at some of the earlier pictures I've posted of her, she has this sort of goofy happy look in most of them. But if you look at this picture, she seems to have more going on in her mind.

I think she's earned a promotion.

From now on, Maddy is the Incredible Infant.

allvoices

No comments: