Monday, August 10, 2009

August escape is a wonderful time


We escaped Southern California at just the right time.

It has been a very hot summer, and spending the first two weeks in August a thousand miles to the north is just what the doctor -- Dr. Feelgood, that is -- ordered for me.

We have been up here eight days, and I haven't had a television set on once. I've only read two newspapers. I haven't even kept real close track of news on the Internet. I know Bill Clinton freed the journalists in Korea and Sarah Palin is lying about President Obama's health plan, but that's about it.

I've been hiking in the forests with the Amazing Baby. Oh, Pauline and Nicole have been with us, but most of the time I find I can't take my eyes off little Maddie.

She's much prettier than Sarah Palin.

allvoices

No comments: