Saturday, November 15, 2008

Amazing Baby appears on NORAD radar


The Amazing Baby, also known as my tiny little two-month old grand daughter Madison Nicole Kastner, is on her way to America.

As I write this, little Maddy is flying across the Pacific Ocean en route to Seattle. Her parents are following close behind in an airplane.

It will be wonderful to see her again. The first time I heard her voice, it was over a phone line. She was 10 minutes old. The first time I held her, in her parents' apartment in Beijing, she was about two weeks into her journey toward the 22nd century.

When she arrives at Burbank Airport this evening -- yes, in an airplane -- she will be a few days short of two months old. She and her parents will be visiting for three weeks, and my only regret is that baseball season is over and I won't be able to take her to a Dodger game.

Sure, the Lakers are playing, but it really isn't the same. This child needs to learn at an early age that baseball is more than just a sport, it's a way of life. I learned it from my grandfather and there's nobody better to teach her than me.

I can hardly wait.

allvoices

No comments: