Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Amazing baby is part Leporidae

I'll bet you didn't know this, but the most amazing baby in the world, my granddaughter Madison Nicole Kastner, is part Lepidorae.

Now before I send you scooting off to Wikipedia to find out what it means (although I'll give you the link right here), I'll tell you that Lepidorae is just the high-falutin' way of saying rabbit. You betcha it is.


See, even winkin' Sarah Palin agrees with me. They've got some pretty big Lepidorae up on the Northern Frontier, even if they just call them rabbit stew.

Anyway, when little Maddie was still in the womb, she apparently did a great deal of kicking. So her mother, the amazing Pauline Nicole Kastner, gave her the nickname "Thumper."

Now whether she was a "thumper" or a "kicker" is a point that could be argued, but somehow I don't think the nickname "David Beckham" would have been quite as cute for a little girl baby.


"Thumper," on the other hand, is your basic adorable nickname for a baby, and it's really quite rare for a baby to have a full-fledged nickname before she has ever walked, talked or stolen a hubcap.

It usually takes longer. I believe George "Dubya" Bush didn't get his nickname till he was 33, although I'd put Maddie's intellect at 5 1/2 weeks up against Ol' Dub at 33.

Of course all of us who have seen the movie "Bambi" knows that Thumper was sort of a sidekick to the adorable little deer, and I think that's where the analogy falls apart. I don't think Maddie is going to be anybody's sidekick; my guess is that by the time she's 30, she'll either be a movie star, a Nobel Prize winner or the Queen of the world.

And just in case you've forgotten how to scroll down, we'll leave you with a picture of the adorable little tyke.


Or does "tyke" refer to a boy baby?

I never had learn these things. This is my first experience with a baby since my own younger siblings were born, and I was still sort of a tyke myself then, albeit 11 years old when the last one came along.

Anyway, meet Maddie/Thumper, the amazing baby/bunny.

allvoices

No comments: