Thursday, October 30, 2008

Just for laughs, here's my prediction

This isn't meant to be a political blog; I do that over at Capitol Hill Blue and have a lot of fun with it. Mostly this site to me is about the things that really matter in life -- love, family and personal relationships.

But as the most interminable election in U.S. history draws to a close, I thought I would weigh in on how things will finish. My guess is Obama will win, although not by the electoral landslide some folks are predicting.

I think he'll break through in Ohio because of the economy, and in Virginia and Colorado because of a changing electorate, while McCain holds onto Florida, North Carolina and other states like Indiana that rarely if ever go to the Democrats.

If there's a surprise in this election, I think Missouri -- which almost always goes with the winner -- will miss out and go for McCain this time. I think it'll be a race thing.

The only southern state Obama will carry is Virginia, although I think he'll take three of the eight states in the Rocky Mountain West.

Anyway, it'll be 311-227 for Obama.

Check back Wednesday and see how far off I was.

allvoices

No comments: