Friday, October 17, 2008

Couric seems to be having more fun


I've always liked Katie Couric.

Maybe it's just that she grew up about 10 miles from where I did in Virginia, although she's seven years younger than I am. Maybe it's that we both went to the University of Virginia, although I took the Sarah Palin approach to college and Virginia was only my first.

Maybe I just like perky and bubbly.

Whatever the reason, I was glad to see her get the job anchoring the CBS Evening News, and I'm not convinced things still won't work out for her there. She seems to be having a lot more fun with her video notebooks, and she acquitted herself quite nicely with her Palin interview.

The other night she was one of the guests -- along with the two presidential candidates -- at the Al Smith dinner, and Couric seems to be enjoying an inside joke. If you look at her hairstyle in the picture, it's what Matt Drudge calls a "Sarah Palin hairdo."

Now I don't know whether Katie is a Democrat or a Republican, although I have my suspicions. But I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a McCain/Couric ticket than with the present one.

Too bad it's too late to change.

allvoices

No comments: