Monday, October 27, 2008

'Burger Time' a blast from my past



As you can tell if you've been visiting this Website, I recently discovered a site that has a lot of great Widgets.

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, Widgets are little add-ons that spruce up Websites either by providing links or by adding humorous or entertaining content.

When I saw "Burger Time," I knew I had to add it to this site. When I was working in Anderson, S.C., in 1983, my friend Charlie Bennett and I used to go out after work and play arcade games.

Editor's note: Weren't you 33 years old then?

And your point?

Editor's note: A little old for video games, weren't you?

Excuse me. You're 55 years old and in love with the Olsen twins.

Editor's note: That's different.

Why? Even if you add their ages together, they're only 44. You're old enough to be their grand -

Editor's note: Watch it. I don't think of them in that way.

What way?

Editor's note: You know.

Don't worry. I know you're not a creepy pedophile, but you should definitely remember the one about people who live in glass houses.

Editor's note: Oh, all right.

Anyway, Widgetbox is really cool, and I've added plenty of them to this site. But I knew once I saw Burger Time for the first time in maybe 15 years, I had to preserve it on this site.

Try it out.

It's fun, which is more than I can say for spending 18 hours a day watching "Full House" reruns.

allvoices

No comments: